Samstag, 20. Juni 2015

Why 'Paper plus Pen'?


Remember how teachers insisted on pointing out that you will learn things faster if you write them down? Well, there are other situations which can be solved by a pen and a piece of paper. Because sometimes the only thing that you need in order to feel better is to get it out of your mind, or a little distance between your past and present (or even your future).

I have first done this about two years ago. At that time I’ve had a mandatory internship in which I wasn’t that comfortable in. Don’t get me wrong the people where nice; I just didn’t fit in. Fast forward, I randomly started writing things down during my lunch break, before work or on the way back home. This turned into a daily routine during those weeks. Quite recently I looked back on my old blog where I had posted these thoughts and some of them where little things that don’t matter but writing them down has made it somehow easier for me to deal with life. 

It was just me, a pen, a note book and a bench. It became the time of the day which I looked forward to. I’d write down little goals for that day or how I felt compared to previous days. After the internship has ended I put my notebook and pen down and haven’t touched them since. Yet I enjoy writing and I quite often thought about picking up a pen again. Reflecting to that 2-year-younger-me makes me realise how small those worries where. 

It might not have been the writing itself but the reading two years later that had the biggest effect.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen