Samstag, 21. November 2015

Letters to ... inspirational young women


~ I don’t quite know how I should begin this letter because this is part of why I am where I am right now. 


About four years ago I first came across a video of these girls. Partly because I still had the idea of an exchange year in the US on my mind. So I wanted to know how life in the States is like. But what I’ve learned is so much more than cultural differences. :)

Luck had it that I came across someone my age who was, despite living on the other side of the world, like me. Shy but still passionate about things. And above all, motivated to do well in school/focused on education. Believe me I admire everyone who has this kind of inner drive to do well. ~



Dear Alex and Sabrina, 


Thank you for being exactly who you are. And not afraid to show that to the sometimes scary world of the internet. When I first found your channels I watched your videos on and off for a while. About two years ago I came across your vlogmas videos. They were so motivational and exactly what I needed since December was usually one of the busiest months of the school year. You motivated me every day to keep studying and that it was not only worth it but actually possible. I’ve never been someone who just gave up but school sometimes throws so many rocks on your way to your future that it changes into mountains. I can’t thank you enough for your choice to care so much about your education. Even when you’re just talking about studying.

Honestly, I would not be where I am right now hadn’t I come across your videos. Literally.  Because I’m writing this in my University library.  ;) 
I’m in my first semester since October. And for this Bachelor-degree course only about 50 people got accepted. I doubt that this would have been possible hadn’t you decided to talk about your everyday school duties. 


Both of you are such amazing role models. And I hope that others especially young girls will find your videos in case they’ve lost their motivation.


I wish you all the best. In your academic and private life.

And as much motivation as you have given and are still giving me.



I hope you have a great week. 

Greetings from Europe.   

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen